Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Chapter 2

Hi everyone! I have been away because of work so I'm not exactly sure where you all are in the book. I thought I would go ahead and post some reflection questions from Chapter 2. Feel free to post anything that you all talked about at your meeting, since I was not there.

1. We "wrestle to get it all done, the relentless anxiety that I am failing. Always failing." (p.27) How do we live our lives in contentment with the things that we are accomplishing, and without guilt of failing?

2. "Would I ever be enough, find enough, do enough?" How do we define "enough"? (p.27)


3. "It's the life in between, the days of walking lifeless,...simply going through the hollow motions, the self-protecting by self-distracting" The numbness...if we feel what would we experience? Isn't that the reason God calls us to bring our burdens to him?

4. "I gasp for more time, frantic for more time. But I have to wonder: more time for more what?" (P.29) If we had more time, what would we do with it? Would it be productive time, or more wasted time?


5. How do we get to the point like Jesus where he "offers thanksgiving for even that which will break Him and crush Him and wound Him"? (p. 36) How often do we give thanks in the those times....not after those times..but IN those times?

6. How do I not only say my "yes" to God, but also LIVE my "yes" to God? (p.40)


I'd love to hear your thoughts on these. Just post your thoughts in the comments section.

No comments:

Post a Comment